At Jack in the Box we provide an induction for all staff and volunteers in order to fully brief them about the setting, the families we serve, our policies and procedures, curriculum and daily practice.
Since the outbreak of Coronavirus, we will not be bringing volunteers into the setting unless absolutely necessary and the same procedures would apply as set out in our visitors policy.
We have a written induction plan for all new staff, which includes the following:
- Introductions to all new staff and volunteers, including management.
- Familiarising with the building, health and safety, Child protection, equality act and fire procedures.
- Ensuring policies are procedures have been read and are carried out.
- Introduction to parents, especially parents of allocated key children where appropriate.
- Familiarising them with confidential information where applicable in relation to key children.
- Details of the tasks and daily routines to be completed.
The induction period lasts for two weeks.
During this induction period, the individual must demonstrate understanding of compliance with policies, procedures, tasks and routines.
Successful completion of the induction forms part of the probationary period, which lasts another four weeks. Management may extend this period if they see reason to do so.
Published: 11th September 2021
Review: September 2022
© Jack in the Box Playgroup Limited trading as Jack in the Box Playgroup.